Do I need a special licence to drive a motorhome?

This depends on your age and the vehicles MAM (maximum authorised mass). The MAM is the combined weight if the motorhome plus the maximum load it can carry.
You won’t need a special licence if your Motorhome is up to 3500kgs, which means you will be able to drive all but the largest motorhomes on our forecourt. Anything over this weight may require a higher category licence, depending on your age and when you passed your driving test. Applying for these licenses may require a test. However, most coachbuilt and panel van motorhomes will be less than this weight, so there should be no problem. If you have any questions about a particular motorhome, please get in touch. For more information, go to the Motorhomes Section of the UK Government website.

Get in Touch