Frequently Asked Questions


Have a look through the frequently asked questions list below for answers to common questions. If you have a different question. Please click on the button below.

JC Leisure was established in 1997 and for many years we were based in Strand Garage in Winchelsea. Finally in 2017 we took the decision to move lock, stock and barrel to the much larger Lifestyle Park, just along the road in Rye Harbour. Here we can display a full range of new and used motorhomes, and we also have a great selection of Caravans. Now we can offer our customers, not only a huge car park, but a large storage yard and we are also expanding into Motorhome Hire.

We are very proud to be agents for both Autotrail, Dethleffs, Globecar, Tribute, RollerTeam, Sunlight and Swift Motorhomes as well as Hymer and Compass Caravans.

Please watch this space for our 7 bay specialist workshop which is relocating from Appledore to Lifestyle Park in Rye in 2018. Our workshops were awarded NCC Approved Workshop Status in 2014.

All our used motorhomes come with a new MOT (if applicable), a Full Mechanical Service with Cambelt Change if required, Full Habitation Service with Gas Safety Check. We will also arrange for one of our technicians to give you a full working handover on collection. Whether you are an experienced motorhomer or first timer, processes vary from ‘van to ‘van so we feel this is an important part of our service. You are welcome to take notes, videos or photos to help you and remember we are just a phone call away.
Our warranty is administered by Motorhome Care Specialists, Auto Protect and is designed to help with the bills which arise when a mechanical fault requires expert repair. It will pay towards the cost of repair or replacement (parts, labour and VAT) should any covered component fail. The motorhome specific warranty covers internal equipment including Cooker, Fridge, Water System, Electrics, Cassette Toilet, Heating System, as well as mechanical breakdown. Please read your policy for terms and conditions.

Yes! We are always looking out for quality used motorhomes, so we are able to buy your motorhome, campervan or caravan from you. We can provide you an instant motorhome valuation using our onsite motorhome valuation tool. Don’t forget to let us know the Make and Model of the Conversion! If you decide to sell your motorhome to us, we can pick it up from anywhere in the UK.

We can offer a range of payment options and terms, including cash, or payment straight into your Bank Account. We may be able to offer you a better return if you decide to go for our Motorhome Brokerage option. For more information, see our Selling My Motorhome page, or give us a call.

This depends on your age and the vehicles MAM (maximum authorised mass). The MAM is the combined weight if the motorhome plus the maximum load it can carry.
You won’t need a special licence if your Motorhome is up to 3500kgs, which means you will be able to drive all but the largest motorhomes on our forecourt. Anything over this weight may require a higher category licence, depending on your age and when you passed your driving test. Applying for these licenses may require a test. However, most coachbuilt and panel van motorhomes will be less than this weight, so there should be no problem. If you have any questions about a particular motorhome, please get in touch. For more information, go to the Motorhomes Section of the UK Government website.

The speed limits in UK and outside Europe can vary from country to country.
Within the UK, Motorhomes can follow the same speed limit as cars, unless their weight is more than 3050kgs. In this case, the limit is 50 mph on Single Carriageways and 60mph on a Dual Carriageway.

The Caravan and Motorhome Club has created this handy guide to the speed limits in the remainder of Europe